Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bunk Beds


Well, last night was the first night the kids slept in their brand-new bunk beds! It was very exciting. Billy had put them together while we were out of town, but we didn't have the sheets or blankets for them until just yesterday. (The kids had both picked the Backyardigan sets which I could only find online!) Emily had been in her toddler bed for a while, so she was definitely ready for a twin size, but Jacob's just been in his crib, so he looked really little on his bed last night! They were so excited to be in their new beds! It was fun to watch them.

The kids didn't make too much noise after we said good night, but it did take them a while to settle down and actually fall asleep. We expected that though. Give it a little more time and they'll be more comfortable with it all. (And now we can take down Emily's toddler bed. Having bunk beds and a toddler bed up in her room have made it awfully cozy!)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the bunkbeds, my kids would be so jealous they are always asking for bunkbeds. They will form great memories in those beds.

p.s. Ryan thought it was great to catch up also. Hopefully we can see you guys soon.

Annie Leavitt said...

cozy is a good way to put it; instead of "we are SO running out of space!"

Sarah said...

I so wish that we could have bunk beds. Unfortunately I think both boys would jump off and kill themselves, so I don't think we can do it for awile! They would have so much more room, though if we could.

They look great and I love the bedding!

Nat Lud said...

Those are so fun. Glad the kids like them. We just moved Brea to a 'big girl' bed too and it has been crazy! She seems all grown up now. I think it's so cute that your kids are so close. What fun to be able to share these good times with someone!

Shelly said...

Cute, Cute, Cute.....Jacob looks so grown up in that bed!!!!