Saturday, January 12, 2008

Nesting


My husband has been laughing at me for the good part of a week now. It seems the moment we got home from vacation, I started having this intense desire to nest and get things ready for the baby, even though we still have 3 months! (From Monday to be exact!) I was still washing clothes and putting Christmas things away and yet I started reorganizing cupboards in the kitchen and trying to figure out how we'll combine the kids into one bedroom so the baby can have the other for a while! :) Go figure!

We're planning on putting Emily and Jacob in bunk beds in one room so the baby can have the other room and then once he's older he can share with Jacob. Shopping for bunk beds is proving challenging though. They range in price so much, and while we obviously won't get an expensive one, I don't want it to be so cheap(ly made) that I worry about Jacob being squashed during the night! :) Lots of places sell them online, which is handy except you can't feel if they're really sturdy or not. I'm sure we'll figure it out, but the nesting part of me wants to figure it out RIGHT NOW! (And, of course, Billy thinks there is no hurry!)

This morning, Billy and the kids returned from Home Depot to find me in Emily's room with a measuring tape, figuring out the best place to put the bunk beds once we get them and deciding where we'd put some storage bins and shelves. He just started cracking up! :) I'm glad I can still make him laugh after over 6 years of marriage - even if it is at me!

3 comments:

Janae said...

I think it is awesome that you are doing all of that now. I think with the holidays that I waited a little too long. I seems like I wasn't able to keep going very long, I would get tired too fast. Anyway, good luck! I am excited for both of us to have three kids soon! Crazy!

Andrea said...

I never clued into the fact that my strong desire to organize and get rooms ready etc. was nesting. It seemed to early I guess. But it is we have both been doing the same things. I guess its been too long since I have been pregnant. Thanks, I don't feel so bad spending money and getting annoyed that is isn't done right now!! I can't help it :)

me said...

I started the nesting thing early too, but didn't get everthing done in time since I had Jared 5 weeks early. Tell Billy it's a good thing!