Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Candy, Candy, Candy


So, Billy started working out again with the start of med school last August, 'cause he's got a bit more time. He's really developed a great habit and does it regularly now. He's always trying to figure out different things he can do to maximize his time and get the most out of his workouts. I'm really impressed he's stuck with it for so long, he definitely looks different and it seems like it'll be something he continues to do even once his schedule picks up again, 'cause it's now a priority.

He's trying to eat better too, which is good, but on a lean budget, can be very difficult at times. (Especially with food prices in general and gas and everything going up!) Anyway, my sweet, sugary, candy-loving husband has been cutting down on the goodies. Now, don't get me wrong, 'cause this is such a good thing to do, and I'm glad he's doing it. I guess I feel guilty 'cause I usually tend to "enjoy" my pregnancy the last couple weeks (enjoy= eat lots of yummy things) since I know this is it! :) (Plus, I invariably have to cut things out of my diet just for baby's sake when I'm nursing, so I want to have some while I still can!)

Anyway, I asked Billy the other day what he wanted to do about Easter. Usually we pick and snack on candy off and on through the month before the actually holiday and then get a ton on Easter that lasts another month. This year I am proud to say I bought the least amount of candy ever ('cause he does still want some) and it's all stored away until the actual day. No picking and snacking, and not enough to last too long either! I still had to get a few Cadbury Creme Eggs though. Heaven.


I just thought this was a funny picture! I've never seen a creme egg so big! Can you imagine if it was real?!

4 comments:

me said...

That cream egg is awesome! I love the van too! There was nothing like getting cream eggs year round out of vending machines though. We haven't gotten anything yet for Easter. I guess I'd better start thinking about it though.

Annie Leavitt said...

yeah for you guys. remember my post about hiding in the garage? yeah, all that's left is a few packages of pink peeps. i'm getting some the night before.

totally understand the last week binge! :) now, if i could only pinpoint my delivery date!

Sarah said...

Please have Bill call Jon and try to motivate him to exercise! I have been trying for years now with no success. That is so awesome that he has kept it up for so long and that you guys are cutting back on the candy. I am trying to be really good these last few weeks of the pregnancy, but it's really hard this time of year!

Andrea said...

Good for Billy, I wish I had that self control this time of year (well ever actually) but I love Easter candy. Glad you are going to still enjoy a few treats.