Thursday, May 8, 2008

Other Family News

Just to update on the rest of the family - I registered Emily for Kindergarten this week. I can't believe it. It's not bothering me too much, 'cause she's been doing Pre-K this past year, until I think about the fact that she'll be gone the entire school day come August 25th. I don't know how Jacob or I will handle that. :) We'll cross that bridge when we get there though. She's excited to go to Kindergarten and she'll even be at a brand new school just up the street from our home, so ...

Billy's almost done with his finals for med school. These should be the last finals he ever has to take in his life! (I'm saying should, 'cause you never know with Billy!) His last final is tomorrow and then on the 22nd he takes his Medical Boards. Oh, how I remember the Dental Boards - especially part 1. He studied sooooo much. It's not quite the same now at all, but he still needs to study. In two weeks when it's all over, don't be surprised if you hear a "YIPPEE!" from Texas. :) He'll then have about 5 weeks off and we will love to have him around a bit before the 3rd year starts.

I'm healing up and feeling more like myself each day. The nights where I get 5-6 hours of sleep (interupted of course), I feel really good, but the past couple nights it's only been around 3-4 hours. The good thing about having had a baby before is that I know from experience this sleeplessness is only temporary, and we're already through the first month! :) My avoidance of tomatoes, dairy and chocolate are really helping Matthew not be so fussy and gassy. It's rather hard to find things to eat sometimes (thank goodness for soy milk!), but if Mattie's stomach feels better, it's worth it.

Jacob is just Jacob. He's rolled with this new baby thing pretty well, all things considered. He's a bit more clingy with both Billy and I, but that's fine. He seems to be growing up too - doing so many new things recently. I guess having the baby makes him seem older too in my eyes, 'cause he's suddenly so big in comparison. As Billy's mom says, "He has a gentle heart."

Anyway, Emily is at school and both the boys are asleep. I'm going to take a nap! :)

1 comment:

me said...

I'm sorry you have to stay away from all those things. I remember you having to do that with Jacob too.
Emily in Kindergarten! WHOO HOO
Also YAY for 5 weeks off for Billy coming up!
Glad you and Jacob seem to be adjusting well and getting better!