Sunday, June 8, 2008

Emily's 5th Birthday


Emily's birthday was Thursday, June 5th, and she is now officially five years-old! We started her day with a special breakfast she requested: waffles, sausage, orange juice and a blueberry muffin. Daddy cooked it all up and she loved it. After breakfast she opened a present from Jacob and a present from Matthew. (They picked out really good stuff!) It was her last day of school, so we took cupcakes and juice to her class and she really enjoyed that. (Growing up with an August birthday, I never got to take a birthday treat to class unless the teacher had a special day for summer birthdays. I always wanted to do it ON my birthday, so I was glad she got to.)

After school and quiet time, we went to get her special birthday dinner: pepperoni pizza, root beer and chips (again, all requested by her). After dinner, we sang Happy Birthday and after she blew out her candles, there was another round of cupcakes! Then she got to open her presents from us, and all her grandparents. She was really excited about everything, so even though it was late, we let her and Jacob play for a little bit before getting ready for bed.

Saturday was her birthday party. In an attempt to avoid the horribly hot, humid weather we've been having lately, we scheduled it early - 10am. Flowers were the theme, and the kids had a blast decorating hats (to keep them from being sunburned while outside), playing pin the center on a flower, having a bean bag toss and just running around. Emily had a great time with her friends.

We can't believe our baby girl is 5 already. Writing words, reading, and gearing up for kindergarten, I'm just amazed at how quickly the time has gone. She's such a sweet girl, so good to her little brothers, and we're so glad she's part of our family. We love you Emily!

4 comments:

me said...

I couldn't believe it either when I thought about the last 5 years! Time sure does fly. Sounds like she had a couple great days!

Sarah said...

You are such a cute mom- that looks like such a cute, fun party. Happy Birthday to Emily- I'm glad she had a fun celebration!!!

Annie Leavitt said...

i can not believe it's been 5 years. and the pictures are adorable. ok, but, matthew looks like he's going to crush emily in the last photo!

Nat Lud said...

How creative! You are so fun. I can't believe how old she is now! I just still picture her as a little girl. Glad she had such a great day!