So, even with all this hurricane stuff going on, the kids continue growing and changing. They were the one part of our lives that never stopped when everything else did! :)
Jacob has taken to the potty with such amazing ease. This all started about a week before the hurricane hit.
Billy: Hey, Jacob, do you want to wear some "Cars" underpants?
Jacob: No.
Billy: Let's just try them on and try sitting on the potty.
Jacob: OK.
And that's all it took. He still wears a diaper/pull up at night because that's a bit too long of a time, but other than that, he's wearing underpants all day everyday now. Yes, we've had a couple accidents and we are the ones that remind him to try going over half of the time, but he's learning quickly and we celebrate every time he's successful. We've gone to the store a few times, and friends' houses, and he's been fine. Billy and I are very excited. It's nice to be getting back to just one diapered kid (for the most part). And I must add, I sure get a kick out of kid underwear. Emily's has Dora, flowers or Princesses all over it (little patterns), but Jacob's crack me up with these huge pictures of SpiderMan, the Hulk, Lightening McQueen and Thomas on his bum! It's hilarious when he walks around without his shorts on!
Matthew has suddenly become fascinated with food. One day while the power was out, I watched him watch me eat. He was intrigued and stared at my food. He wanted it too. In fact, on Thursday when we went to the zoo, he was going crazy watching the kids eat their lunch until I started giving him tiny pieces of bread which he LOVED once he figured out how to eat it. I had started giving him two servings of rice cereal a day, but decided Friday, what the heck?! and got him some real baby food. He tried squash first. He was very hungry, so he devoured it at first, with a weird expression on his face like, "What in the world is this?!" Then he started gagging every time I gave him a spoonful. But now, a few days later, he's loving the stuff and can't get enough. I think we'll try sweet potatoes next. That's always been a favorite with our kids.
And Emily is growing too. She lost her second tooth today. It was bothering her while she ate her lunch, but it seemed a little too stuck to pull it out (plus I couldn't get a good grip on it). Anyway, I gave her a treat - rice krispie treat - and told her to be careful as she ate it. Sure enough, five minutes later when I asked her how she was doing, the tooth was gone. :) We'll see if we ever find it!
4 comments:
How exciting that Jacob is potty trained. That sure makes life a little easier (and cheaper). And I loved the safety kids when I was little. I am goimg to check them out right now.
Just wait until Jacob asks for the Superman boxer briefs that glow in the dark. Yes, I'm serious, they glow in the dark. What is the point of having a child's underwear glow in the dark? I still haven't figured that out. We did have to set a rule against going potty with the lights off (aim is a bit off in the dark) and I've caught him dancing in his underwear in the closet once.
YEA FOR POTTY TRAINING! I WISH EMRIE PICKED UP ON IT THAT QUICK! :)
cute blog layout. and i love hearing about the kiddos. wow, matthew sounds like a food connoisseur!
Post a Comment