Monday I scrubbed down the high chair (that has been in the attic) and got it ready for Matthew to use. It sure is interesting to look at the thing. We got it when Emily was 5 months old. It has seen so much. Pear juice dripping (more like flowing) off of Emily's chin, spaghetti and sauce smeared all over it, Jacob's smashed bananas that made Daddy gag, tons of cheerios and applesauce, Emily's and Jacob's first birthday cakes. And let's not forget all of the cousins and friends who have used it and left their mark, including the little baby I watched for a year. This chair has seen it all.
And yet, here it is, with the same tears in the fabric from hundreds of washes that I remember, the same stains on the tray that I tried over and over to wash away but they never quite let me win, here is our high chair ready to go through it all again for baby #3. Thank you high chair. Thank you for helping me feed my babies, when they are not so kind to you.
5 comments:
How sweet and funny! Those are cute memories to remember! It'f funny how much they all 3 looked alike :)
Tell Bill HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
That is funny. You just pulled yours out and I just washed ours down and put it away. Jared is using a booster at the "Big People Table", and so I figure might as well put it away for a few months.
oh, the high chair! it has done you good over the years. lucy ate her first vegetables in that thing!
i love the pictures of emily and jacob eating, but matthew needs something in his picture too!
I'm am dreading pulling out our high chair. I hate wiping it down after every feeding and I hate the eye sore that it creates in the kitchen! All of that being said, there is something that is so cute about a little baby sitting up in such a big chair with food smeared all over their face! All three of yours look darling in the high chair!
Your kids are so cute! I'm not a big fan of wiping down the high chair either - I'm considering just using our booster seat for the next baby and donating our high chair to another family... Then again, the big tray does catch a lot of the mess doesn't it?! (Pregnancy indecision)
Post a Comment