I think that we will all turn out to be whatever we think about.
So if you wonder what you're going to be,
I think there isn't any doubt we'll be whatever we think about.
Whatever we are will match our thoughts perfectly.
What was Columbus thinking when he crossed the ocean?
What of the Brothers Wright when they flew their plane?
What was old Babe Ruth thinking when he hit his homer?
Thinking of batting, and flying, and sailing again and again and again.
What was Beethoven thinking when he wrote his music?
What was Armstrong thinking walking on the moon?
What was Disney thinking when he first drew Mickey?
Thinking of laughter, and rockets and beauty,
And thinking their thoughts would come true.
I think that we will all turn out to be whatever we think about.
So if you wonder what you're going to be,
I think there isn't any doubt we'll be whatever we think about.
Whatever we are will match our thoughts perfectly.
(Janeen Brady's Safety Kids, vol. 3, Protect Their Minds)
I really like the message of this song because of how true it is. The things we think about really do help shape the people we are today and tomorrow. Whenever I hear this song come on, I always find myself checking up on what I was thinking beforehand.
What do you think about?
2 comments:
I love your question Mel. I think about what I have done in the past. I can see how hard I pushed year after year to try and do the right thing.
You really do get what you wish for.
I find relief in that and trepidation.
too too true. you are what you think about is kind of scary to realize. because most of the time that means i am living in the past, stressed, fat, lazy, disorganized, critical and narrow minded.
but, i still find nice little gems of what i want to be, what i'm striving to be and our future. it's all in the process right?
Post a Comment