Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lunch Date

I had a lunch date this past Wednesday. It was very exciting. I even took the boys to a neighbor's house so it was just me and my date to enjoy our chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie lunch!

Emily's school had a Thanksgiving lunch that they specifically invited parents to, so I went. It was so fun to see her in her element and with her friends. She thought it was really neat that I was there too. We ate our lunches (She was very excited about her chocolate milk.) and then we headed outside so she could play for recess.

I'm glad I went and got that time with just her. She's such a sweet little girl.

6 comments:

me said...

Oh that is awesome! Glad you both were able to have a great time. Aaron and I are planning a date with Jared. We are going to take him and just him to Zoolights in a few weeks. He is really into the Christmas lights this year and with the new baby and all he needs some extra just "Jared" time. It should be fun!

Jordee said...

I love those times when it can be one on one with the kids. It doesn't seem to happen often enough. And isn't it so fun to see them around their little friends. How fun for you both.

lyn said...

How fun! I'm sure emily loved it, too (I know Thomas it likes it when we come for lunch!!)

Nat Lud said...

That is so special. I love seeing my kids in their own little 'elements'. Glad it was a fun day!

Annie Leavitt said...

one on one time must be so rare these days! that's great you got to go.

Shelly said...

I love having lunch at school. It's so great you ditched the boys to just have one on one time with Emily. I've had lunch with Carsten twice and both times he insisted I bring his sisters. It's great he lives them so much, but I ended up focusing on the over-stimulated baby and toddler the entire lunch. Lucky you to have that time with Emily!!!