Monday, November 10, 2008

Popular

Billy was home this morning because he didn't have to work until tonight. It is always fun to have him home, especially on a weekday, but it always throws me off my usual routine. I move slower and some things just don't get done. It is like I go into "hang out" mode.

Anyway, while trying to sort through the baby's room this morning (taking out the brand new baby things to put back in storage because our baby isn't brand new anymore), Billy was trying to get my attention. Once I finally stopped what I was doing and gave it to him, Jacob came running in and suddenly wanted my attention. A few minutes later the baby started "calling" for attention too. (Emily was at school when this was happening, or she definitely would have been in the mix as well.) Billy caught me rolling my eyes and then he said, "You win. You are the most popular person in this house." I immediately countered, "But the kids always get so excited when you come home! They love to spend time with you." To which he replied, "But you're still more popular than me. You win."

I always wanted to be popular in school. I guess I should stop rolling my eyes and just enjoy being popular for a while.

4 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

I have that same problem when Glen's home...I mean the 'I can't get anything done while you're here' problem. Sometimes I don't mind it, but sometimes it drives me crazy (the fact that I'm not productive). I'm glad to know that someone else is in the same boat.

Annie Leavitt said...

yes! you are the "it" crowd! hooray! now, if you could just have billy be more popular when everyone is sick!

i'm glad you enjoy lucy's quotes. she's crazy eh?

Nat Lud said...

Oh, yeah! What I wouldn't give to be the 'nerd' every now and then!

Shelly said...

Does that make me popular, too, since I'm in your "crowd?"