Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ah-Hah!

Over the last week or so, Matthew's mimies (pacifiers - Emily started calling them that and it has stuck.) have been slowly disappearing. I always buy a lot of them so we don't have to search for that one lone mimi right before we leave for church or something, and yet, this morning, I could only find one. He went to bed with two. And the night before he had three in the bed.

I decided to investigate, because I saw him playing with his crib bumper the other day. I looked behind the crib, next to the wall, and there I found a treasure trove! Six mimies just sitting there in the dust!

I'm so glad I found them. (And I'm so glad I can boil them clean again!)

5 comments:

Shelly said...

He was probably just building his stash for that day a year or so down the road when you take them away. Kids are smart.....

Jordee said...

Isn't it amazing how they disappear. It's like socks in the dryer. Glad you found them.

Danna Banana said...

JACKPOT! I LOVE finding stashes of anything that I'm looking for. It's my own version of becoming Indiana JOnes. (without the hat)

Annie Leavitt said...

what is it with binkies/hair ties/socks and anything else important dissapearing? i think it's funny what shelley said! my kids aren't that smart though, they just like hearing them drop behind the crib.
yeah for you for boiling them- i haven't done that in a year (gasp).

lyn said...

Kate "stashes" her binkies there, too. Every morning, I pull the crib away from the crib to retrieve them. Sometimes she tosses them into her laundry basket and they get washed (like today....)