Being a stay-at-home mom gives me the opportunity each day to spend lots of time with my kiddos. Sometimes the time is well spent and fun. Sometimes I'm a good mom. Other times the day seems to drag, we're all a little cranky and I watch the clock. Then I'm just an OK mom. I still take care of my kids, but it's not much fun. The best part of being a mom is that each day gives us a chance to start again. To try again. And our kids are so loving and forgiving that even if yesterday was really, really bad, they totally love us and are willing to give us another try today.
Monday wasn't a horrible day, but it wasn't great either. It was just kind of there. I had errands to run, which was boring for the boys. We didn't go to the park because it was a little too windy and cold for the baby (I thought). Emily came home from school tired. The house was messy. You get the picture. I just did OK.
Tuesday was a better day. I was a good mom. Jacob and I cleaned inside and outside. I took Jacob and Matthew on a walk to the park where we had lunch and played. I took all the kids to the library after school so they could pick out new books to read and listen to. We watched a Christmas movie. We had breakfast for dinner (eggs and bacon), my kids' favorite.
I like the days when I'm a good mom.
2 comments:
So I think your ok mom days are my super good ones. From what I've seen I think that you are an AMAZING mom and have such sweet, smart, nice kids to prove it.
i think you should rephrase it to "Great Mom" to "Awesome Mom" days.
You do such a good job, and I always think "what would mel do?". But I know how you feel, every day isn't as productive and successful as the next. But neither are work days right?
I'm trying to treat my job of mom more like a real job: 15 minute coffee breaks (i read) and 1 hour for lunch. The rest is for the kids and the house.OH, and I turn off the computer during day time. But not today? : ) It's been great so far!
Post a Comment