Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

We finally lowered Matthew's crib mattress. It's the first time we've had to do it. He's finally moving around enough that it made me nervous to leave him in there with the mattress so high.

Jacob got a haircut. It's amazing how a haircut can make your kid suddenly look 6 months older.

I'm done nursing. I was becoming a teething toy, and didn't like how that felt. If Toy Story is true, I feel really bad for all the teething toys in the world. Ouch!

Emily is doing a little ballet class with a gal from church. She LOVES it. It's really cute.

Billy spent his Christmas money on workout stuff. That never would have happened just a couple years ago. Whoa!

I got a 3-pack of bar soap, hair styler, and a lip gloss all for free this week. (And the toothpaste cost me only 25 cents!)

Billy cleaned the carpets while we were in WA, and I swear we've had more spit-ups and messes in the last two weeks than we did in the past 4 months!

Almost everyday Emily comes home from school with some little snack or treat from her friend. She said that her friend has 10 things in her lunch each day and she only has three. Emily wants ten too.

Jacob can be such a good listener and helper . . . when Emily isn't around. He helped take care of Matthew today while in the doctor's office.

Tonight we're going on a date with a couple from church without all of our kids! We are so excited. It'll be nice to spend some time with Billy since he's on call Saturday.

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

ok the carpet thing made me laugh so hard. isn't that so true? as soon as you do something like that then it will get stained afterwards. ugh!
good to talk to you !