I need to vent! I don't know why, but we have had the weirdest problems with our mail ever since we moved here. For the first year or so it was Billy's name. For some reason, when we set up our utilities and other bills, a couple companies got his name reversed. Still to this day we sometimes get junk mail addressed to the Williams family! But that wasn't too bad. We just had to call our companies to change his name. We also know a telemarketer on the phone if they get the name wrong! :)
The problems really started about a year after we moved here. Our mail person left. Now we have two people that switch off doing it and there have been problems up the wazzu! Let me just say we have gotten to know the people on the neighboring street pretty darn well, just exchanging mail with them because we have the same house number! Ugh! It may not sound too important or horrible, but when you've got things like paychecks, bills, social security stuff, and W-2's in the mail, it suddenly becomes a terrible thing. We actually got someone's W-2! We took it to them right away, but you suddenly wonder about other people. Are they returning all my stuff? Are they looking at my stuff?
Right now we're missing a piece of mail. Carnival tickets to the rodeo. They were supposedly delivered March 3rd, but we don't have them. I am so frustrated! We don't go on vacation. We never travel, except to see family once a year. We can't take our kids to Disneyland, Disney World, Sea World (actually, we've never been to any of those places), and do all these fun trips and vacations everyone else seems to be able to do. (Don't get me wrong, I'm glad other people can do them.) Billy doesn't have the time and we don't have the extra money to do that. But we could afford some half price tickets to the carnival, and now they're gone.
6 comments:
That really stinks! I totally understand about not being able to go places that others get to, so when you had this special time planned... There isn't anything that the carnival folks can do? Probably not.
I understand about the mailing system. We've moved twice since we've been married and 1 particular bill never gets forwarded like the rest. They are always calling, and we tell them over and over our new address. But no! Then we had ordered something from Ebay and it didn't work, so when we went to send it back we couldn't afford to put special tracking on it that would've cost over $20. And of course we are out the refund price we were suppose to get and the mailing price which was $20.00! The company/guy is saying he never got it! Can we belive him, or...
Again, that stinks
I'm pretty sure you can complain, the post office is under special regulations because it is a government entity. You might have to complain somewhere besides the local mail office. Get on the website and complain. If you bought them on a credit card, you can at least get a refund.
#1 Whoever decided to address the houses the exact same from street to street in that community was nuts. We had the same problem. We finally taped a note to the inside of our mailbox that said in BOLD letters.."GALLINI MAIL ONLY" and had the neighbors on the street over do the same thing. That helped a lot.
#2 How do they know the date they were delivered? Were they traceable somehow? Have you gone to those common address houses to check? That truly stinks!!! I hope they turn up...Did you buy them with a credit card? The credit card company may be able to help you out. I'd call them....
#3 I've always wondered how to spell "wazzu"....Now I know! :)
Sorry to hear this is still going on. You should start calling and complaining to the rosharon post office until they start to do something about it.
That is so frustrating- I hope they turn up and you guys get to go. Would someone really steal your carnival tickets? That is so sad.
Seriously, You need to call and complain! We moved in our house a year ago and every week we get someone elses mail! I get SO MAD! your right, who is to say that others are returning mail. I've complained so many times, and so have our neighbors. I will call today to complain again, just for you. I really don't like the lady that delivers the mail, how stupid can you be? Sorry, that's mean, but seriously!
Post a Comment