Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation


Here's my almost 6 year old graduating from kindergarten. (I have to be honest. I think these graduations from preschool and kindergarten are a bit silly, because they're just getting started in their education - especially if they decide to follow their daddy! - but I'm not ever going to let on to my daughter who is SOOOO excited about it.)


They each got a certificate and shook hands with the school principal. Their teacher read a poem (which got her and some of us parents teary-eyed) and then the kids sang a song about finishing kindergarten and going on to first grade! Followed by a cookie treat and a picture with her best friend, Hailee, Emily was very happy. And so were Jacob and Matthew. :)

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Yeah for Emily!!

I kind of agree with you, Mel....They make so many ceremonies, awards, etc. etc.....It makes the truly great things less special. (Do we really need an award ceremony every 8 weeks to celebrate perfect attendance????)

me said...

Good Job Emily! Off to First Grade! YAY!!!!

suepeterson710 said...

Tell Emily we are very proud of her from Grandma and Grandpa with the curly hair!

Annie Leavitt said...

congrats emily! you look so lovely in your dress, what a big girl. we miss you!