Thursday, May 21, 2009

Picture Update

I know, I know. Other than the walking video, I haven't posted pictures in a month. Shame on me. We had some unexpected problems with our digital camera, so that was a lovely (note the sarcasm) surprise, but it is amazing how much cheaper new cameras are than they were 6 years ago when we bought our first just before Emily was born.

So, here's a photo update.


Emily loves to draw on her easel.



Jacob and some of his most favorite things at the moment: puzzles, listening to stories, and his Spiderman/Hulk playset. (It amazes us how much he likes SpiderMan and the Hulk, because he's never seen a movie about either and only a couple Spiderman cartoons. I guess that's all it takes.)


This is what can happen when you're screwing around instead of cleaning up and getting ready for bed (a wheel somehow got all tangled up in her hair)!


The kids love to play outside. It's still not too hot and muggy most days. Matthew always wants to be in on the action too.



The boys are finally using those pajamas I got on sale super cheap at Old Navy months ago. I just had to get a picture of them with their Daddy. (If you can't tell their shirts read, "Handsome just like Daddy."


The kids had a blast with their fingerpaints!


Matthew had some breathing problems the day before Mother's Day. Thankfully my husband has done a pediatric rotation in med. school, has a stethoscope to listen to his lungs and can call in a prescription for albuterol (and we still have the old nebulizer from when Emily was a baby). It saved us a trip to the dr. and possible the ER. I guess still being in school isn't so bad when we look at it that way. :)


Matthew is learning how to feed himself. I always forget how messy it really is.



Emily had her Publishers' Picnic. All of the kindergarteners wrote a short story and drew a picture that were compiled into a book. We went to her school last week for a hot dog dinner and the chance to hear each student read their stories. It was rather difficult to hear the kids (they had a microphone, but the speakers/volume were messed up) but to see them beaming as they each took a turn was so worth it. We just kept our eyes on the stage and clapped each time it looked like they were done. Emily did a great job and we were very happy for her.

Waiting in line for her turn to read. To the left is the neighbor girl she always plays with and to the right is her best friend in class. :)

Emily and Ms. Hanna, her teacher



"The boys" are playing more and more together. Jacob still gets annoyed pretty often because Matthew wants to take things and knock things over, but we're getting there.


Two things: First, I got my hair cut, and this is the only picture I've had taken since. Mind you, it doesn't look like I did, but it is actually 3 inches shorter. Second thing, look at my baby! I mean toddler. Wow.


I had book club at my house last week. We've actually got two in our ward, so it makes for a lot of reading! :) We read Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier. For a fun treat I used an idea from my Taste of Home mag and did a trifle bar and everyone got to make their own little trifles in fancy glasses. It was a good night and very yummy.


Emily's second dance class with Miss Tricia ended last weekend. She really enjoyed it. She sure is looking old to us. We can't believe she'll be 6 in two weeks.


Matthew loves to play with Jacob's plastic tools. Whenever they're out, he'll find the hammers and carry them off. (Billy is post call and tired.)

5 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

What a photogenic family you are! Everyone looks great and lots of fun things going on. And your 3 handsome boys. Too cute.
LOVE the truck in the hair. Remember that one for her wedding reception one day. Teehee!

Andrea said...

I love seeing all of your photos and getting caught up on everything. You deserve the perks of having a Dr. in the house, you have earned them! Your kids are growing up!! Jacob looks like a little man now. Matthew looks so cute in the walking video, and I love pictures of ballet. Your hair looks cute too. Has the heat hit you yet?

me said...

Great pictures. Lots of memories in the making. The car in the hair is so funny. Looks like something I would have done. The outfit Mattie is wearing with his breathing treatment looks familiar! :)

Annie Leavitt said...

great pictures mel! seriously, the truck in the hair is a keeper. lucy is very jealous of emily's ballet classes and art easel. thanks for keeping us up to date.
you and your trifles all look awesome, by the way. : )

Sarah said...

So fun to catch up and see all of these pictures! I agree that your kids are looking so grown up- and adorable. Matthew needs to come give Max some lessons on how to walk- we're still not quite there yet! Glad that things are going well!!!