Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Remember

I was asked to talk a bit about Venezuela for a church activity tonight. Of course, that means I spent quiet time today going through all my old mission stuff. Reading my journal, looking at old pictures and listening to some great music.

Just some highlights:

The time when my companion and I had to cut a discussion short because some guys were trying to kill a pig in the backyard and we couldn't hear ourselves over the pig's squeals.

The time I found a worm on my food and I had to discreetly hide it with the kind lady who cooked it sitting right next to me.

The time my American companion and I were laughing about the "cat calls" we get while walking in the streets and then someone yells out, "Hola Mormoncita, linda, bella, muchachas!" We laughed hard over that one.

The time a cockroach landed on my neck.

4 comments:

me said...

The poor piggy! That is sad, and no I do eat pig and I know you have to kill them but to hear it...

The roach is just plain ol' nasty.

Annie Leavitt said...

mormoncita!!!!

Shelly said...

Hey, you forgot about the time you winked at your zone leader, he winked back, and three kids later...... ;)

anna said...

your friend Shelly is really funny :) heheh. I was also thinking that you left off something like that.