Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thank Goodness For Two Couches

Over Sunday and Monday, you could either find:

me on the couch and Billy in bed,

Billy on the couch and me in bed,

both of us in bed (not for long though, we were both too sick and restless),

each of us stretched out on a couch.

For the first time ever, Billy and I got sick - at the same time. It started on us in different ways, but by Sunday evening we were both feeling the horrible wrath of some stomach bug/thing and our poor children had to deal with two parents who were completely not themselves.

Monday, Emily was home from school for teacher development and it was truly a blessing. Having a healthy 6 year-old in the house when Mom and Dad weren't, really made a difference. A big shout out goes to her for picking up our slack and helping us, especially in getting things for Matthew.

Shout outs also go to the following who helped us get through it: The Wiggles, Sesame Street, Clifford, Cheerios, applesauce, bananas, Bolt, nap time, Judge Judy, Antiques Roadshow, Starfall, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, Top Ramen, new kid books and crafts I bought on sale months ago thinking they'd come in handy sometime, toast, saltines, 7-up and last but not least, the 6 hour Pride and Prejudice movie. (There is nothing like watching Mr. Darcy look at Elizabeth Bennett while she plays the piano forte, to forget my aching stomach.) :)

6 comments:

The Marx Family said...

Oh my gosh, that is awful! Hope you two are back up to speed.

That is one of my favorite parts of Pride and Prejudice too, and of course when they run into each other after his dip in the lake!

Also, William was sitting on my lap when I opened your blog and he saw Jacob's picture and said, "Look, it's Jacob, my best friend." Too cute!

We miss you guys!

Sara said...

Oh Mel! I am so sorry for you! There's nothing worse than being the sick mom except for having a sick dad at the same time! UGH - I hope you guys are feeling better soon and that the kids don't get it next.

Sarah said...

That stinks- I hope you're both feeling better soon!

Annie Leavitt said...

boo! that is no no no fun.

ps-will you please make our halloween costumes for us too? too cute.

Terry and Emalee said...

Oh my goodness. That is awful! I have not had that happen, and I don't know if we would survive that. I hope that you are ALL better now!

Megan and Charlie Miller said...

Ah Mel! I had no idea that you were sick!! I am so sorry! I would have brought you guys dinner. :) So funny I watch "Pride and Prejudice" while unpacking! Great minds think alike! :)