Billy has been itching to take the entire family camping (we've never taken the whole family before), so we finally did it this past weekend. We left Thursday afternoon and got back Saturday morning. We had a blast. The weather was perfect - mid to upper 70's during the day and down to the 50's at night. (I had forgotten how fun it is to snuggle down inside a sleeping bag and be toasty warm.) The kids all had a great time. Emily and Jacob kept saying they wanted to stay for 100 days.
We went to a campsite at a state park, so we had a bathroom nearby and water, (there was even an outlet if needed.) but I think that was the best way to do it with three kids, including a 19 month old, for the first time. We took walks, played at playgrounds, saw tons of alligators and turtles (we even got to touch a 2 month old baby alligator), ate s'mores (which the kids got a kick out of because of our Halloween costumes. There were lots of comments like, "Mmmm, Jacob you are so yummy." "Oh! Mommy, Daddy, Emily and Jacob are delicious!" - You get the idea.) All in all, a huge success.
And Billy earned tons of brownie points by picking up my slack (We went even though I've been feeling a little under the weather.) and doing the majority of the packing for the trip, the work while we camped, and the cleaning up when we got back.
Here's a hint: If you can, go camping after the time change like we did. It gets dark by 6pm and the kids are ready to go to bed shortly after. :)
Matthew loved all the open space. Our first morning he just starting walking down the path to the bathrooms, turning periodically to wave and say "Bye Bye!" It was pretty funny.
Our last morning. (Do you see how bundled up #3 is? He would not stay in his sleeping bag, so we had no choice.)









6 comments:
I love the buttcrack on Jacobs in the bug picture.
The spider web was just plain nasty.
Is that the tags still on Jacobs coat?
All in all a good trip! YAY!
SO fun!!! We've been talking about going camping forever and now I really, really, really want to. I love the family shot in front of the tent!!!
The trip looks Awesome!!! Matty looks like a little lumpkin all bundled up! makes me want to squish him up and snuggle!
Looks like so much fun! Jake has been begging us every day to go camping and I keep telling him that it's too cold! After reading this I'm realizing that it's probably not, but it's a good excuse anyway!
great pictures you guys! i love the one of all of you guys in front of the tent ( and ever one of matchew).
the girls drooled over the post for forever. lucy loves to maximize the pictures and talk about emily and jacob.
i'm so happy you had a great time. and i have to admit ty and i were super jealous.
Cute pictures. What a fun trip. What a nice husband to pick up your slack :)
Matthew looks pretty cute all bundled up. That is hysterical.
I love camping but am a little intimidated to do it with our kids right now. You've given us hope.
Post a Comment