Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Thanksgiving Story

Emily's teacher had the kids write stories last week, where they were supposed to be the main character. Here's what Emily wrote (translation below as needed):


I what (want) to be a indian. maby ...... my name is sqonto (Squanto) and The Pilgrims are killing The indians oh-no-no-no. Then one night thar was a bad stom (storm). That night The Pilgrims Said thay wher gana (were gonna) be nice but Thay did (died) oh-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo. The next day Thay had a Thanksgiving fest (feast) it was a fun fest! The end

P.S. my name is sqoto


We asked her how the pilgrims died, and she promptly pointed to the picture she had drawn which shows a lightening bolt above five Pilgrims lying on the ground. From the bad storm of course.

Where do they get this stuff?! And what has she been learning about Thanksgiving?!

But I love the "oh-no-no-no" and "oh-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo" parts. :)

4 comments:

me said...

That is great! I had a good chuckle! I must admit a bad storm is better than a brutal savage attack!

Tell sqoto good job!

suepeterson710 said...

Interesting take on Thanksgiving. I hadn't heard that one before. Love it!

Annie Leavitt said...

syd read this one too us. hilarious!

Nat Lud said...

So cute!