Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tummy

I washed the one pair of my regular jeans (you know, the ones I wore all the time and just the other day) that still fit this morning. I went to put them on and I couldn't get them up.

Me: Oh man! Ugh. They don't fit. (Spoken aloud to myself because really, who ever listens to mommy?)

Jacob: What's wrong mommy?

Me: My pants don't fit anymore.

Jacob: Why not?

Me: Oh, because... (sigh) I guess I'm wearing my khakis again.



HOURS later. (Seriously, about 3.5 hours later.)



Jacob: Mommy, I know why your blue pants don't fit you anymore.

Me: Why?

Jacob: Because your tummy is getting SO big. (Smiling because he is so pleased he figured it out.)

Me: Yeah, you're right. (And I think, "Big? This is nothing. Just you wait Henry Higgins!")

Jacob: How come mommies have such big tummies?

Me: Well, they get big because there are babies inside. My tummy wasn't this big before, was it?

Jacob: No. But soon I'm going to bump my head on it.

6 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

Is this your way of telling everyone you're expecting???

suepeterson710 said...

OK. I completely spaced, I thought I was reading Carolyn's blog!!! My bad.

me said...

WHAT MOM! HELLO!!!!
Jacob not JARED!!!

Jacob is too funny!

Annie Leavitt said...

hahaha. too funny mel!

and i totally bonked abby with my tummy more than a few times : )

Sam and Bria said...

Korbin and Ella ran into my stomach all the time with this last pregnancy. It was actually pretty funny. So smile and laugh and be happy that you have a reason for it being big. :)

Jordee said...

He is so funny!!!