
I've made the same dessert three times in nine days.
I made it last Sunday when some friends invited us over for dinner.
I hadn't made it for a while, and we all REALLY enjoyed it.
This past Sunday (yesterday), for dinner with different friends, Billy requested it again.
We enjoyed it some more.
Today, Billy asked me to make it for the residents he's worked with this past month.
So here you go! How many times will you make it in nine days?
(Thanks for the recipe, Carol. We couldn't have done it without you!) :)
Texas Sheet Cake
Cake:
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1 cup water
4 tablespoons cocoa
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet (17x11x3/4). Cream together first six ingredients. Bring to boil remaining three ingredients (butter, water and cocoa). Add at once to flour mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
Icing: (Begin making icing when cake is in oven.)
1/2 cup butter
6 tablespoons milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Bring butter, milk and cocoa to boil. Add powdered sugar to chocolate in large mixing bowl and mix. Add vanilla. Fold in nuts. Spread on cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Doesn't it look yummy? It is. Don't you wish you lived closer to me? Come on down! :) (Or just enjoy a little bit of Texas where you are and make it yourself.)(Matthew just watched me put up these pictures and kept saying, "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Tell me about it buddy.)
4 comments:
Skylar McAnally is getting baptized Feb 6 and her mom (Sean's wife) asked me especially if I'd make it for the refreshments coz Bill just loves it so...!!! Teehee
Of course, I agreed.
Honestly, I have never understood the draw of the Texas Sheet Cake. It's mere mention is usually followed by a moment of silence, oohs and aahs, and lots of drooling. It reminds me of the "Brownies" we used to have in elementary school.....
I'll have to try this recipe and see if it will convert me....
Those look delicious! I love Texas Sheet Cake!
I love that stuff and have been wanting to make it for a while now. I may have to do it!
Post a Comment