Friday, February 19, 2010

Countdown


I love dark chocolate.

I never get tired of it.

The darker the better.

Once the baby is born, I can't eat it for at least 6 months. Possibly longer.

Or cheese. Or ice cream. Or milk. Or yogurt. Or cottage cheese. Or anything else that has even the littlest bit of dairy in it (and dairy is in EVERYTHING).

I'd rather not eat dairy, and have a less gassy, happier baby. (It worked for all the other kids.)

But, I can still eat it now. (Especially with the help from my little friend, pepcid.)

And I'm going to enjoy it.

6 comments:

Danna Banana said...

amen. I will happily eat some to show my support. Just let me know where and when!!

Ellice said...

You really give up all dairy while your nursing?? Does it make that big of a difference for your babies?? Crazy! You are a much better mother than I :).

Loni said...

Goodness gracious are have quite the forbearance Mel! I'm sure my babies would be happier if I didn't eat dairy, but I it's just too darn hard. Good for you! And enjoy that chocolate while you can! :)

Sarah said...

You are so good! Sadly, I think I like chocolate more than a happy baby!

Sarah said...

You are so good! Sadly, I think I like chocolate more than a happy baby!

Annie Leavitt said...

get it in now!!!!

oh, and this might make you happy. i made rice pudding last weekend for valentine's day, ate a small bowl and phoebe was none the wiser. pudding!

that really made my day, she is outgrowing it.

and hello, i know i fudged a little at christmas (pun intended) but how could it NOT be worth it to have a happy and sleeping baby?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????