I've been doing this since she started all day school - in kindergarten.
She always likes reading her notes.
A month or so ago, Emily told me she wished she could write me a note each day.
I said something like, "Oh, that would be nice." and didn't think about it again.
She mentioned it a few more times.
Finally, a pen found its way into her lunch kit.
Now, every day she comes home and is excited to show me what she wrote on the back of the napkin.
Sometimes she writes about her day (up to lunch time), or writes in response to something I wrote on the napkin. (For picture day my note reminded her to smile big, and she wrote back saying that she did and they took two pictures.)
It's fun to see what she comes up with.
Here's a note I got last Friday.

And here's the note I got yesterday (Monday).

8 comments:
That is great! Must make you you feel good to have her write you special notes back.
Manic Monday! Such an awesome song. It's a great song to keep alive! HA HA HA!
Best post EVER.
i'm a little teary eyed over here.
sooooooooo sa-weet!
How cute is she?!?? So adorable.
Funny thing... I do the same thing/ did the same thing when Abby used to be in preschool and kindergarten.... even John used to get them in his lunch that I would pack when he worked construction. My mom used to do the same thing when I was a kid... it always made me feel so special.
I think it is so cute that Emily wanted to return the "love." What a sweet girl you have.
That Emily is just too adorable for words. And "Manic Monday"? LOL BIG TIME!
That is so cute and so funny! I love little kids. It makes me sad that they are going to grow up and not be obsessed with us anymore.
Oh- and way to go at being so good at being pregnant!!!
And it doesn't concern you that this means that she doesn't actually *use* her napkins? That's the first thing I thought of (typical me).
Those are so sweet! I love little treasures like that!!!!
Post a Comment