Thursday, April 1, 2010

Over

Billy's last easy month is over.

It was so nice.

It went by so fast.

The next 6 months are destined to be as busy as his first year here. Yeah.

Our house isn't ready for baby yet, but it's a heck of a lot closer to being ready.

The big projects are done. (Except for the carpet cleaning. I REALLY want that done.)

There are some little projects to do still, and then we'll pull out the baby clothes and see what we've got.

We've got 9 weeks to go. (Or 62 days to be exact, but who's counting?)

________________________


In other news, I finally took the second Wilton Cake Decorating Class this past month. Billy was home and some friends were signing up, so I joined in the fun.

(I took the first one in Vegas when I was 6/7 months pregnant with Jacob! That was a while ago.)

______________________

We've been getting into old movies lately. I've decided they are wonderful in that you don't have to worry about plunging necklines, crude language, and scenes that make you cringe.

Some of the better-known ones we've watched lately include, "Rebecca," "The Long, Hot Summer," "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof," "To Catch a Thief" and "Rear Window." (The first time I saw "Rear Window" was on a date with Billy at the Varsity Theater.)

Our latest find was "It Happened One Night." A really fun date movie.

5 comments:

me said...

Cake looks great!

I remember seeing Rear Window with you guys. I think I may have fallen asleep. What I was so good though. :)

Annie Leavitt said...

so jealous you are taking the level II class. ugh!

9 weeks? yikes! that is going to fly by. gotta love the old movies. ty and i watched the odd couple last weekend. HILARIOUS!

Laura Evans said...

I love Rear Window! In fact I DVRed it the other day since Brian hasn't ever seen it. You should check out Operation Petticoat - another one of my faves! Hey - if you need the name of a good carpet cleaner - I've got an awesome one - and he's not expensive.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn? Love it.

Melanie said...

Yes, Shawna, I just watched it Thursday night. So good!

And Annie, the Odd Couple is too funny. We need to watch it again, it's been a while.

I'll be looking up Operation Petticoat too. :)