Stranger: (After doing a double take look at my belly) Whoa! Got two in there, huh?!
Me: No, just one.
Stranger: (Looking shocked) One?! Are you sure?
Me: Yep, pretty sure. Just one.
Stranger: You sure look big.
Me: Yeah...it's just one though. That's enough.
Stranger: Ah, I had to feed three kids. It's not bad.
(I get on the elevator to go to my last OB appt. He follows me on.)
Stranger: So, how many kids do you have already?
Me: Three.
Stranger: (Looking surprised) Three? You know, you need to start reading the right books.
Me: (fake chuckle)
Thank goodness for super speedy elevators.
7 comments:
Ugh! I hate this! I would never hop on an elevator with an obese person and make comments on their lifestyle choices, or with a smoker, or massively tattooed person, or....you get the picture. Why do people think the busy status of a uterus gives them the right to freely comment on a person's weight, body habitus, appearance, grooming, and lifestyle choices? You handled in gracefully for 38 weeks. I would of let him have it....if I even made it to 38 weeks. I probably would have made snarkly come back comments at 35 weeks. P.S. Where's the belly pics? We need belly pics on the blog!!!
Me: Slap then waddle away!
Some people are just not all there!
It's amazing what people will say, isn't it? It seems especially apparent with pregnancy. I've never had so many comments on my body than I have these last few weeks...(I'm just starting to look very pregnant.) I try to take it lightly and not care, but 'YES, I KNOW, I'M GROWING BY THE DAY!'
:) Oh well.
and this is why i stop going anywhere public after 35 weeks.
I can't believe people sometimes.... unbelievable!!!
You know I think I am done being polite with all the completely ridiculous comments people have made to me. Reading this has unleashed the "tell 'em like it is" beast in me. So look out world, pity the poor fool sent my way to say something so stupid!!!! I'm sorry you had to endure such an insolent person!
Umm, that's just down right creepy.
Post a Comment