Sunday, May 23, 2010

Party, Party, Party

We celebrated Emily's birthday early this year.

We wanted her to have her special day, and we knew I won't be able to do much on her actual birthday this year. Or for a little while after.

Emily had a great time with her friends.

Unlike last year, almost every school friend invited actually came (last year only 2 did), so our house was full of little girls, giggling and singing and running around.

And Emily loved it.

It was a Littlest Pet Shop Party.


The girls pretended they were cats with tails.
(They had to pop other people's balloons.)


The girls were birds, racing to get eggs into nests.

The girls were frogs jumping from lily pad to lily pad.
(Musical chairs)

We played lots of games.
(Who is that round lady back there?)

The whole group of girls.


I had to chuckle when we put the candles on the cake and I had only picked out six. I had to go get one more. What a pregnant brain I have.


It made for a busy week, but was so worth it.

We love you Emily!!

8 comments:

Nat Lud said...

What a fun mom! I remember having to do Brooklynn's fifth birthday a few days before I had Bubba. Never a dull moment, eh? You look adorable in that pic, by the way. Good luck with everything!

me said...

I can't believe that she is 7 (well almost). Looks like she must have had a blast and slept VERY WELL that night.

Happy Early Birthday Emily!

Danna Banana said...

AWESOME PARTY!!

Shelly said...

Is that the closest we're going to get to a belly picture????

Fun party idea! Abrielle loves Littlest Pet Shop, too. What is it with girls and the tiny things?

suepeterson710 said...

Love the "Little Pet shop" theme games too. Can't believe she's nearly 7 already!!!

Jordee said...

7!!! That means a baptism for you next year. How exciting!

Ellice said...

What a great party!!! Abby had a blast! She couldn't stop talking about it ... all the way, well at least a good chunk of the way, to the campground. Thanks for having her. I am still impressed you pulled it off. You are a trooper.

Hope you are having a great week!

Happy Birthday to Emily!!!

The Marx Family said...

Happy Birthday Emily!

P.S. Love your wall with all of the photos!!