Saturday, July 3, 2010

Did it!

The kids and I had a good day alone.

Even though it was raining (dumping) and we couldn't go outside.

Even though our playdate cancelled due to fevers.

I've never realized before just how much the kids LIKE to help with household chores - dishes, laundry, preparing food - anything that doesn't involve cleaning their rooms.

Emily and Jacob were both great helpers (Emily was fabulous!), Matthew didn't throw one tantrum all day, and Megan's usual fussy time wasn't quite as bad.

And nap time makes everyone happier in the evening - especially me. :)

I know all of our days won't be like this, but I'll take them when they come and enjoy them.

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

yay! i knew you could do it.

and isn't that video awesome? i think i should watch it every single day. right about 3pm should do.