After reading the previous post:
Billy: Boy did that sound happy.
Me: Well, yeah, we did ALL that stuff last week. It was fun.
Billy: Yeah, but you didn't mention all the whining and not listening and how frustrated you got with the kids.
Me: Well, no. I try not to remember all of that. I was trying to focus on the positive.
Billy: Oh.
Me: Should I mention it? Was my post too happy?
Billy: (pause)...No.
Me: (thinking)
So here's the flipside of last week. My kids got overtired and I was downright ignored by my oldest more than once. I've also been getting a bit of attitude from her. Not a fan. Being overtired made the boys whine and fight more than usual. And as much as we love baby Megan, nursing her 6 times a day and caring for her takes a lot of time away from the other kids and the things we need to get done, so in some ways it was also a very trying week. Billy was more busy at the hospital and worked extra long days too. (Getting up at 4 am and not getting home until anywhere from 7-9pm.) When he did finally get home he was tired and yet he had to study for his Step 3 (USMLE test) because he's stressed about it, so he'd go do that until about 10/11pm when he'd fall into bed exhausted because he'd been up since 4am. We didn't see each other much and got into a bit of a disagreement Friday night because we were both worn out.
So there you have it.
Uncensored and Uncut.
Life is not perfect. Not even ours.
And I guess I'm just saying, that if it ever sounds that way, you will know, I'm just trying to not remember all the unpleasantness, because, really, who wants to?
(Bill's test is this Thursday and Friday. Say a prayer for him if you get a chance. Thanks.)
2 comments:
YAY your normal!
We will be thinking of Billy this week!
Love this post. At least you got down and did it. I however, chickened out and did the bare minimum of the beach and getting Ella set for school. But then again, my baby was sick and I was unpacking boxes from storage, trying to organize every square inch to make room for everything and getting ready for the garage sale so I guess I did something... Anyway, good job for trying to make fun memories for your kids and looking on the positive. I love your positive view of life Mel!
And good luck with Step 3!! (By the way, this seems early to take it, Shane won't until around next summer I guess. Was your 'intern'
year your first here?)
Post a Comment