Saturday, November 20, 2010

Snail Mail Christmas

I have always loved Christmas cards. When I was little I remember being so excited to see the Christmas cards in the mail. I liked to read the letters and see their pictures. It was fun to see old friends and learn about my parents' old friends.

To this day, I still love Christmas cards. I love to send them and receive them. It does take more work than just sending an email or updating my blog or posting something on Facebook, but I like that. It's my way of telling people that I like them and miss them. As I prepare each card and address each envelope I have the chance to remember how we met, and the things we did together and how much I like them since they made it onto my Christmas card list. Of course, it would be better if we all lived closer so I could see them, but since we don't, a Christmas card will have to do.

Have you seen Shutterfly's Christmas cards this year? So cute. I've only ever done photo books with Shutterfly, which I love, so I'm excited to try out their cards this year. They are colorful and there are many kinds to choose from (over 800). I'm drawn to the cards that have space for more than one picture, because it gives me a chance to show our family as we really are in a few fun pictures, as opposed to just one where I'm hoping everyone will be smiling and looking at the camera. How often does that happen in a family of 6?! :)

This card is cute - you can highlight the entire year. It's like sending a mini photo album to all of your friends. (And if they've made it onto your list, I bet they'll like to see all those pictures.)

And here's another cute one. So simple. You could change the look of this one a lot depending on what type of pictures you include.

I like how this one is so colorful and fun.

The colors on this card, "Cool Grey" make me want to cuddle up under a blanket with some hot chocolate and a book.

And black and white cards like this one, or grey cards like this one, will always look classy to me. You can do black and white photos or fun color ones to change the look and feel of it.

There are so many ways you can make each card "your own" that even if a friend did happen to choose the same card you did, they would still be unique and different.

Now I just need to get some pictures for my favorite one. :)

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

And guess what?! When you order your cards, if you make another post they will be sending you a FREE $25 giftcard to their site...good promotion, if you ask me! :)