We celebrated "We Love Broccoli Day!" The kids were unsure of the broccoli recipe as they watched me make it, but they loved it, just like I said they would.
We got some audio cds at the library of Dr. Seuss and Arnold Lobel stories. The kids, including Matthew, have been listening to them 24/7.
Soccer started up again for both Emily and Jacob, with great first games, especially for Emily. She was really getting in there and was so proud of herself. She was beaming the entire game.
I overcame the half rotten snake (and maggots) in the garbage can in the garage. Now the snake and maggots are gone and everything is clean again. I was very proud of myself. :) (Sorry, no pictures!)
Billy surprised us by coming home when we weren't expecting him to. At first, the knock on the door at 10:30pm scared me, but it ended up being a very pleasant surprise.
As I walked into the house after church on Sunday, I saw this:
(I guess Billy figured we'd be eating soon, so he'd get her ready for it.) :)
And I managed to save "food on a stick day." The kids were bummed when they heard we didn't have corn dogs to eat, but thanks to the internet I found a baked corn dog recipe, so I made that. They loved it. And then we had chocolate-covered frozen banana pops for a treat. They were very happy.
Yeah for stick day!!!
Megan had a plain banana pop. She LOVED it.
And I watched Jane Eyre again. Oh, have you seen it?! You should. I mean, really, really should.
3 comments:
You are such a fun Mom, Melanie! Your kids are lucky to have you. Also, you should share your broccoli recipe!
My goodness, so many interesting Daily things to celebrate. Megan is hilarious in the high chair. Just sitting patiently waiting to be fed!!!
That pic of Megan in the chair on Sunday is a total "FEED ME OR ELSE" picture...so cute!
Post a Comment