Monday, March 21, 2011

Post #467

Sometimes I wish I could think up snazzy post titles that sound interesting. Like the book titled, "The Guernsy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." (Did you ever read that by the way? Such a nice read. Well, I didn't read it though. I listened to it. And I loved hearing everyone's voices and accents. It really added to the whole experience. At least for me.)

But I just can't think of one today. Plus, this post will be pretty random. Not quite sure what to pinpoint...

Anyways, here we go.



I just renewed our zoo membership for the next year. It was the last time I will renew our membership at this zoo. Wow. Mixed emotions. There isn't a zoo where we're going. And it looks like the closest may be 3 hours away...

*****

I vacuumed and washed our car today. And I really did it. I mean, moved all the chairs and cleaned all the floor mats...it took a while. Is there anything better than a clean car?!

*****

The following is a snippet of a conversation from this afternoon. Today was "Kids' Poetry Day." We were talking about different poems we liked and getting ready to do some acrostic poems with our names.

Jacob: Mommy! This is a poem! "The Way of the Ant."

Me: You're right, it is a poem.

Jacob: I like this poem. I'm going to do this poem first.

Emily: (frantic and serious) You can't do that!! That's plagerism!!

Me: (cracking up...couldn't help myself...leaning over the kitchen counter just laughing)

Emily: (still serious) What's so funny Mommy? What are you laughing?!

*****

A pretty quiet Spring Break 2011 ended with a bang...a weekend trip to San Antonio. We got to meet and spend time with Billy's cousin and family (we had never met his wife and kids) and after almost five years of living here, we finally went to Sea World to see what the fuss was all about. We had a great time! Sea World was busy and fun. Everyone enjoyed the day there. And our hosts were so pleasant. It was great to get to know them. (Wouldn't you know, we even had the same netflix movie rented.) :) The kids had a lot of fun playing with their 2nd cousins, and they all mentioned missing them as we drove into our garage last night. :) We have family in the same state we live now!!! :) It's been a while since we could say that. And we're grateful.


All the kids eating a big breakfast before we went to Sea World.


Emmy and Jacob with the ribbon dancer from the Azul show. (Awesome show!)


Megan, after lunch, asleep. Totally passed out. And holding her leg. :)


Here are most of the kids. This was the closest they got to the log ride.
(The line was long.)
(Megan was still sleeping and poor Violet was worn out.)






At the end of the day.
(Megan started crying about five minutes after this picture was taken, and Matthew was already done, as you can tell.)


3 comments:

Shelly said...

Wait!!! Where are you going??/

Annie Leavitt said...

great pictures! i'm glad you guys had such a great time.

suepeterson710 said...

Is it realy #467 or did you just pick a random number out of the ether?
Love the pix. Megan is getting so big, sitting up at the table like a real person!!!