Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Birthday

Matthew turned 3 this month. I can hardly believe it, but I can never believe my kids are getting older when they have birthdays, so I should be used to this by now...but I still shake my head in disbelief...

Lucky Matthew had two parties this year. The first was up in Tacoma, where we thought we'd be surrounded with grandparents, cousins and aunts and uncles. Unfortunately, some germs had a different plan, but Grandma, the kids and I still tried to make it fun and he was happy.

He was so happy when he figured out how to blow this right.





The second party was here at home. We wanted to do something with Daddy since he wasn't with us on the official birth date, and Matthew was insistent that he do something with his "best friend" since he's seen Emily and Jacob have celebrations with their friends.

Toy Story rainbow cupcakes

Buzz Lightyear pinata. (I know, I know. I caved.)

Collecting all the candy. See Conner's handful of suckers?! :)

 The day we celebrated Matthew's birthday happened to be the birthday of one of the missionaries from church, so the Elders joined in on some of the fun too.

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

happy belated to matthew!

really can't believe he is 3. at all.

so cool to have the missionaries over