Saturday, August 20, 2011

Last Summer Day

That's a rather depressing title, isn't it?

But that's what it was. Yesterday was our last day of summer.

School starts Monday and we've got today to buy the socks and undies and get the uniforms and backpacks ready to go.

For TWO kids this time. TWO!

I can't believe it's Jacob's turn. Oh, I will miss him those 7 hours he'll be gone everyday. And Emily too. I just haven't had to do this with Jacob before...

But they are so excited.

At least I've still got my M&M. :)

So, since I wanted to put off school as long as I could, we spent yesterday, Friday, at the beach. The whole day.

It was hot. (Have you seen our temps lately? Wowzers!) It was sandy. It was wet.

It was fabulous!

Megan could walk at the beach this time...It was great! :)
She was fascinated with the water and kept walking right into it.

Matthew would say, "fireworks!" as he did this. He thought it was awesome!

Jacob had fun finding interesting rocks and shells.

She just loved it. Couldn't get enough of it.


Emily and Jacob used the boogie boards the majority of the time, but Matthew had some fun with them too.
(We sure missed our beach buddies though!)


One of our friend's brought her dad along and he was burying everyone in the sand. The kids loved it.

Matthew didn't seem to keen on his hands going under though...

It was a great day.

2 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

Oh, it looks like you had a great day. What are those sticks the kids have?

Annie Leavitt said...

m&m! i love that : )

and what a great way to say goodbye to the summer. i would love to do that this saturday, but ty will be gone hunting. arrrghhhh.