Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Red Kettle


Remember when we were young and each Christmas you could hear bells every time you went to the store? Salvation Army Red Kettles were all over the place! I remember we would dig into our wallets and purses and scrape out all the extra change and money we had to put in the kettle. I think a lot of people did that. It was never a whole lot, the change we put in, but I guess I figured if I was doing it enough, it had to amount to something. 

And every little bit helps, right?!

Well, in an effort to teach my kids about selflessness and giving at Christmas time, I always try to find a red kettle for them. But they are so hard to find anymore. I've been lucky to find them at the local Walmart, but that's it. 

But today, TODAY(!), I learned about these virtual red kettles! And I had to sign up for one. Because what feels better at Christmas time than thinking about someone else.

Our lives are far from perfect, but we are truly so blessed. So blessed.

Feel like helping me out? Click here and you can donate to our red kettle.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: