Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Declutter

It's that time folks. Time to declutter. Time to get out the old stuff and give it away! I've been taking trips to the Goodwill lately. At least once a week for the past month now. And I should be decluttering something else right now, but I'm tired. Decluttering takes time. Lots of it. And it's tiring.

Did I mention I'm tired?

Yesterday I had Billy haul my teaching stuff out of the attic. My teaching stuff that I haven't used in 8.5 years to be exact. All of my old files. My old textbooks about teaching kids to read and learn math that have been reprinted 3 times since I bought them. I even found the overhead projector sheets I printed stuff on for a lesson about the water cycle.

I remember thinking they looked so cool when I made those...

(And don't you dare ask me what an overhead projector is!)

I also found my old walkman. It played cassettes and could even get AM/FM radio. I remember loving that thing.

Today I went through the games in the front closet.

I found my gameboy. Yes, I had a gameboy. A green one. Remember how they came out with different colors but the screens were still black and gray? I had one so I could play Tetris when I went to BYU and lived in U-Hall at DT. That was the year Pres. Bateman became president of BYU. That was the Fall Semester they started the Harold B. Lee library expansion. That was also the semester Pres. Hinckley gave his popular devotional about BYU being a "stone cold sober school" and told us all to be good for something.

Have I dated myself enough yet?!

I think I need to wash my hair now.

6 comments:

me said...

What about the rest of you? You're going to have clean hair, and a dirty bum? :)

Yes you dated yourself, but honestly we are all there with you. Did you show the kids your gameboy, and then compare it to their new DS's? Trippy!

Annie Leavitt said...

i thought you only washed your hair once a week in the basin out back by the out house?


hahahahaha


you are not that old. but it is weird to think kids don't know what aprojector is.

suepeterson710 said...

Remember we got you a green one coz you were in your "Frog" phase. It was so cool coz it wasn't gray.

Samye said...

I love decluttering....makes your home feel so much nicer!!!

Loni said...

Did I know you lived in U-Hall? How fun! I was a freshmen and an RA there. What floor were you on?

And yes decluttering is tiring, but so refreshing once it's done. I think it's been a blessing in disguise of my small house. I'm normally a pack-rat and having a tiny house has made me continually clear through things. Good luck!

Terry and Emalee said...

I'm doing the same thing, decluttering and taking walks down memory lane. I'll be so glad when it's done. When is your move?