Thursday, June 14, 2012

Revelations

I've had some revelations lately:

I am Petite. (Petite = short) All my life I have struggled finding clothing that fit right. Pants were always too long. Shirts were too big. Sleeves were too baggy. Dresses just seemed off. Then finally, one day I saw a petite sized shirt and decided to try it because they didn't have the size I needed in the regular section.

The petite size fit perfectly!

What?! I thought petite sizes were for shorter girls than me. :) (Guess I'm shorter than I thought.) I am now starting to buy everything in petite when I can and things fit SO much better. Hallelujah!

Crocs are comfortable. OK, so when they first came out and EVERYONE had to have them, I thought they were ugly and dumb. Then, after a couple years, my friend convinced me they were the best thing for kids. I got some, and you know, she was right. Especially here where you can wear them practically all year long.

The same friend told me to get some for myself. I didn't. You know, the whole flat-feet-in-a-ballet-shoe-just-don't-seem-cute-to-me thing. I finally tried some my size. Holy crap! They are so comfortable! I snatched myself a pair and regretted not listening to my friend over two years ago.

I am not a fruity candy person. I like candy. Chocolate candy. If you and I go to the movies and you have some junior mints, you bet your bottom dollar I'll eat some. But mike and ikes?! No thanks. Reese's peanut butter cups?! Watch out! Gummy worms?! No way, jose.

(Fruity baked goods though - lemon bars, apple pie, etc... I DO like those!)

I think I need to fill my house with fruity candy.

I like to organize things. I've noticed with my packing, I'm really trying to keep it all organized. I like systems and labels and methods that keep things together. Everything in our home has to have a place where it belongs.

And after I've organized something, I like to go back and look at it. It makes me happy. :)

I CAN keep up with the laundry. We always seemed to have some sort of dirty clothing in the laundry basket. I could rarely say, "Everything in the house is clean." And then we had to start showing our house to sell it. And I had to force myself to change the way I do laundry. I am now SO MUCH BETTER at doing my laundry. For instance, right now, everything is washed and clean. I am keeping up with it and it feels wonderful. I don't have the constant pile of unfolded laundry on my couch anymore. I LOVE IT!

What revelations have you had lately?!

1 comment:

me said...

That my Sister is a NERD!!!! ha ha!

Where have you been? The Petite section was made for us!

I loved my crocs espcially when I was so swollen during the last few weeks before I had Jared. They are pretty comfy.

I have no comments about the candy cuz I completely agree. Fruity candy is lame.