Thursday, September 13, 2012

August


August flew by. The whole summer flew by. And now we're scheduled up the wazoo with school, pre-K, swimming, and piano. Plus mounds of 4th grade homework. (Jacob's isn't nearly as long.)

But I digress.

Here's August in a nutshell, Mom.


We participated in Chic-Fil-A appreciation day.



Emily made a couple pencil toppers from a kit she got for her birthday.



The boys went golfing with Daddy.



The kids finished up their golf lessons.




We visited Daddy at one of the hospitals he works at.



School started. On Jacob's birthday.



Everyone wanted in on the picture. 



At his new desk. :)



Emily sitting at her new desk, next to a friend from church.



Megan being a tropper as we drive the older kids everywhere.



Since Jacob's birthday was the first day of school, a Friday, and a day Daddy was on call, we opted to celebrate Saturday.

After a special birthday breakfast, we headed over to Chuck E. Cheese. We've never taken the kids there as a family. We've tried to avoid it. But I just wasn't feeling like doing a whole birthday party at home this year.



We got there pretty early, 'cause we were sure (or I was sure) it'd be packed. Who has ever seen a Chuck E. Cheese that wasn't?! Well, now I can say I have. When we got there, there was only one other couple inside with a toddler. That's it. We had the run of the place and the kids had a great time.











Jacob requested Wendy's for his birthday dinner. I love that my kids are easy to please.





He was one happy camper with his birthday gifts. :)


And the rest of August:



The second day of school. 
(We realized we didn't have pictures of their new lunch kits. For shame!)



Matthew pretended to be a sad Toad waiting for the mail.
(Frog and Toad. Read it.)



Matthew started Pre-K the Thursday after the kids started school. He goes in the afternoon (right when Megan naps. Score!) Mon-Thurs. He's at the same school as the older two, and sees Jacob in the cafeteria every day. He's SO excited to be a big kid!





Emily playing dress up. :)



We celebrated our 11th anniversary in August too. Its crazy to think we've been married 11 years. A lot has happened. More importantly, I wonder where we'll be next year for #12?!

And three days later was my birthday. No pictures. It's crazy to think I'm the age I am. I'll be honest, it threw me a bit. (I was a bit of an emotional roller coaster that day if you want me to be perfectly honest and real, instead of just showcasing the good stuff on here.) But I think I'm over it. I'm pretty sure I don't look my age (that's what I've been told), so that is a good thing. I made myself some yummy scratch brownies that I don't make very often and the kids gave me candy. :) Billy gifted me some face stuff that's supposed to make me look younger and less wrinkly... I'll try not to read too deep into that present. :)

And on to September... I'm almost caught up.

2 comments:

me said...

YAY! Looks like you guys are doing well and adjusting to WV.

BTW-Jared would love both of Jacobs shirts! Meaning in the school pics.

suepeterson710 said...

Yay, thanks for the pix. You know me, I can never get enough. These are great. Everyone looks happy, healthy and thriving.