
Well, Monday was Emily's first day of Pre-K! It arrived so quickly. She was very excited that morning, and we had to wait all morning until noon to go to school! (She goes each day from 12:15-3:00.) She picked out a little navy polo shirt dress (goes with the uniform rules) and let me do her hair. She was so excited for her new shoes and backpack. When I got her uniform stuff, I bought mostly size 5's because there were hardly any 4's available and around Dec/Jan they'll fit her great, so right now everything is just a little big, but it's OK! :) It's pretty cute to see her wearing uniforms that are just a little too big.
I dropped Jacob and the toddler I babysit off at a neighbor's house, so I could walk Emily in on her first day. We walked inside and waited for her teacher in the lobby. Emily was quiet and just taking it all in. She got a little shy when we saw her teacher coming down the hall, but quickly recovered. We walked to her room (It was so cute to see a bunch of 4 year-olds with humongous backpacks, walking in line. They looked so little!) and they each had to find their names on pieces of paper and then draw a picture of themselves on their first day of school. After a few minutes I realized that this was it, so I told her, "I think I'm going to go now." She just stood up, gave me a really quick hug and said, "OK mommy, bye bye. See you later!" and then she sat back down and continued to color. I'm glad she's independent.
The kids and I picked her up after school and she was just beaming! Telling me how they practiced standing in line and being quiet! Each morning since, she tells me how excited she is to go to her new school! I'm so glad she's enjoying it. Jacob had a hard time leaving her there today (he came with me when I dropped her off), but we'll get the hang of it.
Here's a couple pictures from this week. She's loving wearing her new uniforms. I guess it's because they're new. She told me this day that she was looking very pretty! :) (Jacob had to get in on the action too!)


4 comments:
She looks so cute!! I love kids in uniforms, I can't believe how grown up she looks. She is still looking like her dad too!! How exciting for her I hope she has a great year.
I also can't believe how much older she looks from the last time I saw her- I guess it has been a year! She looks adorable in her little dresses. I'm glad that she is loving school and that the transition was easy for her. Sometimes I think it's a lot harder for the moms than it is for the kids!
so grown up! wow! glad she loves school!
too cute. look out ivy league! she is so smart and will love it, duh she already does. always one to state the obvious. that's cute jacob get's sad, it means he likes her! yeah!
Post a Comment