Sunday, August 19, 2007

Family Vacation



Bill and Emily are in the second row of this ride, waving. It was moving pretty quickly so it was hard to get a close up. Emily loved it though. So much braver than her mommy!



Well, we decided we were due. We've never taken a real family vacation - just us with the kids, and Billy had a week with some free time, so we found a great coupon to Six Flags in San Antonio (two days admission for the price of one) and off we went! We were so excited! We decided we'd drive up Wednesday morning and get there right after it opened, stay all day, spend the night in a hotel, go all day Thursday and then drive home Thursday night. San Antonio is only 3 hours away, so it was totally doable.

Wednesday morning we got up and off we went. About 40 minutes into the drive I started feeling rather bad though and had to ask Billy to pull over along the freeway. It wasn't motion sickness, but you get the picture. :) I've never done that before! I just wanted my bed, and we were off to an amusement park where I'd have to walk all day! Fortunately I did feel a bit better once we got there, and I just didn't eat anything for a long time!

It was hot and muggy of course, but so much fun. The kids loved the rides. We did every one they could, and Emily rode as many as she could with Billy. She's still a little short, but she could do a decent number of them. It was so great being there during the week - not many people. The longest wait we had at any ride was 10 minutes! So nice when you have young kids. Around 5pm though, the kids were pretty much done. It'd been a long, busy day without any naps, so we headed to the hotel, had dinner and made our plan of attack for Thursday. Billy and Jacob were coming down with colds, so we went to bed early to get lots of rest.

Thursday we woke up to Tropical Depression Erin! Oh, the benefits of living by the Gulf of Mexico! It was raining non-stop. Needless to say, after watching it rain through breakfast and while we got dressed, we decided we weren't going back that day! We had wanted to go do the water park, but it wasn't even open due to the rain (thunder and lightening). So we drove home.

We still have our tickets for a second day though and will have to go back sometime before the end of October. It'll be fun to finish our vacation!

(I ended up taking all of the photos, so I'm not in one of them! :) We definitely have to go back so I can prove I was there!) :)




4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sure you were there!!! That looks like so much fun! That stinks that you got rained out on the second day. At least you have a paid vacation the next time you decide to go!!!

Nat Lud said...

Isn't that always how it is? The mom is never in the pics. Sorry you were sick and that you got rained out. Hope you have a better time next time you go!

Andrea said...

Your trip looks like a lot of fun, sorry about the weather. At least you have an excuse to go back.

Janae said...

Looks like lots of fun! I think it is neat you get to try out new parks that you have never been to.