Saturday afternoon, Billy and I decided to take the kids out to the park for a little bit before dinner. It was rather windy, so we wanted to try this cheap little kite we'd bought a couple months ago. We grabbed the kite, a couple soccer balls and the frisbee and headed up to the soccer field right by our house. The kids loved watching the kite go higher and higher and Emily was trying her hand at holding onto the string when Jacob started grunting and pointed to his foot. I looked down to see his right foot and sandal just covered with fire ants! I quickly picked him up and yanked his sandal off, but it was too late. He had over 20 little bites on his foot. The rest of us looked down at where we were standing and Billy found some ants on him too. We quickly ran off the field and onto the sidewalk. Turns out the entire field was covered with ant hills! Billy walked back across the field and saw ant hills everywhere!

But we would not give up. Determined to have some fun and try our kite out again, we headed to a park about ten minutes away. (The one that has a sign reminding you not to feed the alligators - even though we haven't seen one yet). This park didn't work out either, Throughout all the grass, we could see water - it was flooded. (Tropical Depression Erin strikes again!)
So we turned around and went home. Billy and the kids ended up playing outside in the cul-de-sac while I made dinner. :) Never what you expect, but it still turns out alright in the end! (And Jacob's foot is slowly healing. He's such a trooper!)
3 comments:
That is such a bummer! Looks very painful. Sounds like you guys are having quite a bit more fun now that Billy's home more! That's great. Take care!
Sounds like you've had a bit of bad luck in the family fun category lately! I'm glad that you made the best of a bad situation and that Jacob's foot is getting better.
I hate fireants! We had them when we lived in Dallas for 3 years! Poor little guy!
Post a Comment