
Well, I know this sounds like a funny topic for our blog, but unfortunately, my cravings have been running the food supply in our house for a little over a month now, so I feel they are due an entry. Every pregnancy has been interesting when it comes to the foods I crave and eat like crazy and those I avoid like the plague. Some foods are my favorites every single time around and some change. For instance, when I was pregnant with Emily we had to get Panda Express orange chicken about once a week for a month or so. But with the next two, it hasn't been the same at all. Cottage cheese though, is always a favorite and a necessity to have in the fridge. I don't know why, 'cause to think about it, it doesn't sound too great for an unsettled tummy, but I love that stuff at the beginning of all my pregnancies!
So, for the past month my family has at times suffered or benefited from my cravings. For instance, I want juice almost everyday, so the kids have been thoroughly enjoying the abundance of juice in the house (we rarely have it). They've also enjoyed all of the snacky things that I just had to have when I saw them at the grocery store: Pop Tarts, fig newtons, nutrigrain bars, potato chips, ice cream - all items that rarely enter the house! But, our dinners aren't all that great sometimes. Last night we had 49 cent chicken pot pies - poor things! The kids hardly touched it and I could tell Billy wasn't impressed, but I just had to have it! On the upside, we've been eating macaroni and cheese about twice a week, which I know would make our pediatrician cringe, but I can't help it, I want it so badly and can't eat it in front of the kids without them getting some, and I know they're loving it!
It'll be interesting to see, as I continue along, what happens with the food we eat. I feel like I'm starting to settle down somewhat (upset tummy-wise), so hopefully we can start eating a bit more normally soon! (As soon as I go eat that polish sausage I've been craving all morning!)
4 comments:
So that post was making me laugh out loud! Isn't it funny how pregnancy can turn women into these food lunatics! I absolutely HATED cafe rio, costa vida, cafe caubo food when I was prego. All three times. I absolutely CRAVED soda. Mostly pepsi. Anything carbonated would do though. Not such a good thing to be drinking but it sure hit the spot! Keep us updated on the changing cravings!
Right now I am living on black bean and cheese burritos and tuna melts. So sad for Jon, but he's a good sport and makes them for me all of the time. I'm glad that you're starting to feel a little better. I had one good morning and thought maybe I was getting over it, but no such luck. I felt horrible the rest of the day. Here's to wishful thinking!!!
ha ha ha. that is always the case isn't it. the family just has to follow the leader. i tell you what though, anything with refined sugar, flour and carbs in it is what i crave. and mexican food. (remember when i had cottage cheese at your house last summer, every day!) i'm glad things are easing up for you, what a relief.
Ryan always says hell hath no furry when it comes to a pregnant woman and her food. We have some good stories in this area. The kids probably love it, it is part of the whole experience. The polish dog cracks me up!! Hopefully you are through the worst of it.
Post a Comment