Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Owies and Kisses
It never ceases to amaze me. At least once a day I hear a wail come from another room in the house. I tell myself to be calm and patient as I hear little footsteps come my way. "What happened?" I ask. The poor child is too upset to speak. "Do you have an owie?" I ask. The child nods their head vigorously. "Where?" They point to the horribly aching spot. "Do you want me to kiss it?" Yet another vigorous nod. I kiss it. Immediately the child's crocodile tears disappear and they're smiling again, running off before I can get a second look at them, to play again wherever they got that horrible owie. I just shake my head and smile. At least I could help. :)
2 comments:
Oh the power of the 'kiss it better'! Don't you wish it was still that easy to make our tears go away?!!!
wow- you must have great kisses. lucy isn't always satisfied with just that. she wants a band-aid or pepto-bismol or tylenol. she's a junkie already! miss you!
Post a Comment