It's fun watching Jacob as he is learning new words and putting more and more together each day. He loves that he's able to communicate and tell us things. He just looks so tickled when we've deciphered and decoded his mumbled language. Unfortunately, he seems to be stuck on a word, "this." He doesn't really say, "this." Its more like, "dis" but you can understand. He uses it for everything! We will be driving down the road and he sees something and says, "Dis! Dis!" Then Emily and I try to figure out what he saw (usually some kind of truck). We'll be reading a book and he says, "Dis! Dis!" at a part of the picture. He'll want some more dinner and say, "Dis mees!" ("This, please!") All day long its, "Dis! Dis! Dis!"
I'll always say the name of the thing he's referring to, but I'm starting to realize that it doesn't really stick with him 'cause he's getting away with saying, "Dis!" We know what he wants, so we just agree or get it or do it depending on the situation. Last night I started acting like I didn't know what he meant (even though I totally knew) and he started getting a bit frustrated but worked with me and finally tried to say the name of the object. It is just so funny, 'cause Emily never used this word as much. They are each so different. It makes me wonder what #3 will do.
4 comments:
That is so cute! It seems like at Jacob (your Jacob!) and Nathan's age they are saying more and more everyday. It never ceases to amaze us with what Nate comes up with to say. Thankfully, Jake is learning a lot from him and is talking a lot better as well!
It is always fun to see what variations of words kids come up with. Each word usually seems to have its phase so I guess we just enjoy it while we can.
your kids are so cute and big, Congratulations on your pregnancy, hope you are feeling good. thanks for the invite to your blog, Ale
dis dis did! i love it. that's hilarious you realized you were catering to him...we don't think abby will every talk. why when there is no need? honestly...our kids are pretty smart i'd say.
Post a Comment