Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's a ...

I went to the dr. today. I'm 16 weeks now, so I was kind of hoping she'd check to see what the baby is, even though she hadn't said anything at my last appt. Well sure enough, after asking me if I was feeling fine and all that we got to work trying to see if it's a boy or a girl. The baby wasn't super cooperative - moving around a lot. And then the umbilical cord was in between it's legs, which makes it even more tricky. The dr. nudged and pushed on my belly and it kept flipping around, but finally she said she thought the umbilical cord was out of the way and it was a boy! So, I guess now I know what clothes to unpack. :) We're happy. I mean, there was a small part of us thinking it would be fun to have a girl 'cause we haven't had a baby girl for 4 years, but boys are fun too, and we love our Mr. Man so we'll definitely welcome another little man!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Yeah!!!!!! More testosterone!!! A big birdie standing over my shoulder seems to think that Jason would be a good name!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly & Jason

Nat Lud said...

Awesome! Jacob will be so thrilled. Congrats on the news! Are they going to check again to make sure or is this the final verdict? I'll have to keep my eye out for some clothes!

Melanie said...

The Dr. sounded pretty sure, but I'll have another ultrasound in two weeks to see all of the baby's organs and whatnot, so I'm sure we'll get another look then. (This Dr. does a quick ultrasound every time I go, even though I'm not high risk. It's kind of fun watching the baby slowly get bigger and bigger.)

Andrea said...

Congrats!! Seems to be the year of the boy. Jacob will love having a brother. That is fun that you get to see the baby everytime. Let us know how the next one goes.

Sarah said...

YEAH!!! Congrats on finding out it's a boy. I really do think this is the year of the boy which makes me feel a little better about things! At least my son will have friends his own age and of the same gender!

Janae said...

I am so excited you are having another cute little boy! They are so much fun. I hope that I can have another boy for Carter to play with someday!