
We went on a family date Saturday afternoon to see Bee Movie. Billy was anxious to have another go at the whole taking-your-kids-to-a-movie thing, so we decided we'd try it all together. We were well prepared to have to leave early (especially with Jacob there - he only being 2). Well, low and behold, to our surprise both kids sat through the entire movie and enjoyed it! We did have popcorn for the first part, and Jacob got a little restless about halfway, swinging his legs and playing with the arm rest (up and down, up and down). But no fussing, no whining and no crying! It was really fun. The movie was pretty good too. (As Billy said, "Not Pixar, but good." But let's be honest, movies like "Toy Story" and "Monsters Inc." are hard to live up to.)
And ever since, Emily and Jacob have eaten peanut butter and HONEY sandwiches for lunch. Emily says, "I want peanut butter and honey from the bees!" :) She thinks it's really funny!
4 comments:
I haven't heard anything bad about this movie yet, we might have to go on a family date ourselves.
We tried to go Friday night and Saturday, but it didn't work out either time- thanks to a total meltdown both times on Nathan's part! We're hoping we can go see it this weekend. I'm glad to hear that your kids liked it and sat through the whole thing- definitely encouraging!
That is awesome! Both of them sat through the Movie! Go Jacob especially! Glad you liked it. I think it looks pretty funny.
We still haven't had a chance to go. There are so many good movies out right now! But with our crazy kids it's just impossible. We need to get a baby-sitter and take Brooklynn to see Bee. I'm sure she'd love it!
Post a Comment