Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Emily and I with the pies I made this year - pumkin, pecan and apple.
(The pecan got a little more cooked, but it was still pretty good! It was my first time with pecan, but I learned a lot so it'll be better next year!)


Well, we hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. Ours went well. It was nice to have Billy home and not on call this year! Billy had fun playing in the Turkey Bowl in the morning, while the kids and I got the day started watching the Macy's Day Parade. We had a nice, relaxing morning home together, playing games and sorting through all the sale ads in the paper, to see where we wanted to go shopping the next day. :)

In the afternoon, two families from our ward came over to do Thanksgiving with us. The house got pretty full with 7 adults and 8 kids, but we had a good time. All of the food was great and between dinner and pie, the kids pulled out every toy we own, and the adults played Rock Band. I didn't get any pictures though, but we were definitely rocking out! :) The songs on that game are so geared to people our age, it is just too much fun!

All in all, it was a really good day. I'm so glad we have a holiday like this to take a moment and think about everything we are blessed with. It was a lot easier for me to not take things for granted when I was just home from my mission. (Living for 18 months in South America really made me grateful!) It's been a few (or should I say a few more than a few) years now, so reminders are definitely good to have!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute picture of you and Emily- and the pies look delicious! I'm glad that you had a nice Thanksgiving and that you found some good shopping deals the day after!

Andrea said...

Did you make those pies?? They look great, so do you! I am glad you had some friends to celebrate with, friends and family always make the holidays a little more fun.

Nat Lud said...

What a fun post, Mel! Great to see pics. You look great! I hear Rock Band is awesome. I'm really hoping my little brother gets it for Christmas so I can play it!

Annie Leavitt said...

the pies rock mel...your crust looks perfect also. jealous you had your own thanksgiving, but grateful we get to see you at christmas.