I've been noticing something interesting just the last week or so. Sometimes the kids interact so well together. They are very nice and play and share and it's just a lot of fun to see. Other times though they are not so nice and don't share and "egg" each other on. I mean, I know siblings are known for doing that, but I didn't think it started so early. One example: We've been listening to a lot of Christmas songs in the house and in the car. Almost every time Jacob asks me to sing along, Emily says not to. And if Jacob asks me to stop singing, she asks me to keep singing! Soon both situations escalate until all I can hear are, "Sing!" and "No sing!" It's lovely.
Where do they get this from?! Billy and I do have disagreements sometimes, but we never resort to yelling at each other, especially like that.
Anyway, just something on my mind today. Billy's off at the library studying for med school finals, and I was trying to have good play time with the kids, but they sure made it difficult this morning! :)
Thank goodness it's naptime!
5 comments:
oh my gosh, abby and lucy are just starting. if lucy grabs a toy, abby wants it-and vice versa of course. and abby is starting to get a temper...just in time for your visit!
We have the exact same problem- they are either the best of friends or the worst of friends. Today they were arguing in the car about whose turn it was to take the plate of goodies to the door and say, "Merry Christmas"- as if they had any say in this at all. They also argue a lot in the car about which way we should go- again, as if they have any say in it! Kids are just funny, but I definitely think it is a normal sibling thing- as annoying as it can be sometimes!
Definitely a normal but not fun part of kids! Brea and Bubba have already started this. It's crazy. My mom has said that it was that way for my brother and I too so I'm guessing it's normal--and will get better. :)
Same problem! There are times when the two of my kids play great, but most of the time they just argue and bug eachother. I also love how they want me to do opposite things like one wants me to close the door and the other doesn't want me to. Aghhh! I think it is normal but hard sometimes.
I wonder the same thing, I thought my kids were the worst ones, now I know they are normal. Mario and Gabby go on an on in the car, since I'm always driving "go fast, go slow mom" and at night "their light on or off" and then I can't see that good. Thanks Melanie
Post a Comment