Friday, February 15, 2008

A Sicky-Poo's Valentine's Day


I was determined to do something fun with the kids this year. Emily has been sick with a fever/cough/cold bug since Saturday, which meant we hadn't left the house in almost a week! At first, it's always fun to be able to just stay home and watch lots more movies and stuff, but even that has gotten old for the kids the last couple of days. Once I realized that Emily wouldn't be making it to her school Valentine's party (which she was so excited for), I got busy. I made some cookies and heart-shaped candy and a list of some church friends. Thursday morning the kids both had fun making their valentines for their friends and then in the afternoon we took them to everyone's houses. Jacob was just as excited as Emily to deliver their treats, so they took turns carrying them up to the doorsteps. They were so excited when their friends were home and even got some valentines in return.

Driving home after our last delivery Emily told me a couple times what a nice day it was and how she had fun giving treats to her friends. :) She is such a warm, caring little girl.

When we got home, Daddy was there with a single long-stemmed pink rose for her and a card. She LOVED it and in no time the stem had been bent in half, but after she ran around the house and played with it for a while, we convinced her to put it in some water and the rest of the night she kept running over to look at her flower. :) I think she had a good day.

7 comments:

me said...

That is too cute. I'm glad that yesterday was still fun. Plus it sounds like you had a good time doing it too.

Stephanie and Paul said...

you are such a good mom! when i get cooped up with the kids for that long i go into meltdown mode. you inspire me!

suepeterson710 said...

You're such a good mom. You made special memories that day.
Mom

Nat Lud said...

So cute! I love that Bill gave her a flower. That is so adorable.

Annie Leavitt said...

i'm glad bill is keeping up dad's tradition. i was a little sad to not get anything this year from him.

you definitely made it a special day, way to go mel. crap, it's hard to keep up with you!

Andrea said...

So cute, glad she had such a fun day. They make the holidays so much more fun! What a cute daddy idea!

Carol Curtis said...

I am so glad that I found a minute to get a password and read your blog. Thank you for including us and keeping us up todate. You are both such great parents. I wish we had thought of those ideas. The next generation is definitely ahead of the last. Thank you for loving your children so much. They are so blessed to have both of you. Hope you can feel as restful as possible these next few weeks. I love you,CArol