Sunday, March 23, 2008
Reading Girl
Well, as my sister-in-law recently wrote, I don't want to be labeled a blagger (someone who brags on their blog), but Emily read three books by herself and we are all very excited! I had bought her some beginning reader books for Christmas (Oh yeah baby, the teacher is still in me!) but when we sat down to try them in January she was less than interested. Anyway, they've just been sitting in her room since then, but for some reason last night she picked the first book from the set to read after we had read scriptures. She told us she could read it too, so we said we wanted to hear her read it. And then she just read the whole thing. Now, it's not Dr. Seuss, it's a beginning reader, but still! Our first child is reading and we are thrilled. She's so excited too! This morning she read us books #2 and #3 from the set. I had been feeling a little bad about buying the set so prematurely, but I think it was OK afterall!
What was really funny was when we said prayers last night. Emily was helping Jacob say his personal prayer and she told him to say (which he repeated of course), "Bless me to read books like Emily." It was all Billy and I could do to not crack up! :)
1 comment:
That is great! It's so nice when they can read by themselves. They love it and it's great for the younger siblings too--a built in story teller! She is getting so big.
Post a Comment